You can tell my emotional state very well by looking at what I upload – when I am not feeling good and not doing good, when I am going through another bout of depression or anxiety, I won’t do any makeup or beauty related stuff and you won’t find any makeup or fashion posts on the blog, either.
When I feel well, on the other hand, I dive right in, do makeups, outfits and post a lot related to these topics, too.
You may have noticed that there weren’t any makeup posts or anything in that area on the blog for a while, I wasn’t doing too well, I was depressed and anxiety levels were high for a few months. This is finally changing, I am feeling a lot better and doing makeup again, now, that I feel relaxed enough to dabble in eyeshadows and lipsticks and such.
Every time I take a longer break from doing my makeup, I am a little worried that I lost all my makeup skills. But then it turns out, doing makeup is just like riding a bicycle or swimming. You might get a little rusty but you never forget how to do it.
I opted for a rather subtle – at least for me – summer look with light pink lips and shimmery brown eye makeup. Some contouring and highlight and you got the perfect summer makeup.
- The Estee Edit by Estee Lauder Beam Team Hydrate & Glow
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pure Skin Face Smoothing Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in 112 Natural Ivory
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe
- wet’n’wild MegaLast Eyeliner in Charcoal
- wet’n’wild UltimateBrow Brow Highlighter Pencil
- Walgreens Wonder Woman Limited Edition Bulletproof Eyeshadow Primer
- Smashbox Double Exposure Palette – Quartz, Copper, Fig & Veiled
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner in Black
- wet’n’wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer
- Maxfactor Masterpiece Max Mascara in Black
- NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder Transparent
- wet’n’wild ColorIcon Blush, Bronzer & Highlighter Palette in Sunset Junction
- NYX Baked Blush in Ladylike
- wet’n’wild MegaGlow Dual Ended Contour Stick Light/Medium
- ModelCo Illusion Lipliner
- wet’n’wild Megalast Lipstick in Think Pink
How do you like the look?
What is your go-to summer look?